Though this site can be used without purchasing the book, it really is meant to act as a book accessory, not a stand-alone product. (In other words, please consider buying the book to get the most out of this Website and learn far more than is available here.) Given its price, however, I completely understand if you cannot afford to purchase the book; thus, I have attempted to put as many helpful nuggets online as possible without alienating my publisher.
Casual visitors to the site will find the following resources:
- A Web mapping blog discussing exemplars and other matters relating to Web map design;
- Links to free third-party video and written Web mapping tutorials; and
- Information regarding textbook developments and errata as they arise.
Those of you that have purchased the book will (eventually) have access to:
- Supplemental exercises, video tutorials, and labs created by the author. (These will continue to go live throughout 2014.);
- PowerPoint slides with figures from the book; and
- Instructional lesson plans based on this book and online resources.